Household Assistance Program
Providing hope and stability
ADFAC’s Household Assistance Program provides short-term help to individuals and families in crisis, placing emphasis on the prevention of homelessness and development of self-sufficiency.
Staff members work with clients to develop contingency plans, explore possibilities for education or training, maintain a budget, and identify other concrete steps that move them towards self-sufficiency.
Types of assistance
• Utilities payments or deposit
• Rent or mortgage payments
• Personal hygiene & cleaning items
• Food vouchers
• Budgeting coaching
• Referrals to appropriate resources
HAP provides services primarily in Anderson County in East Tennessee.
Programs are supported through donations from individuals, government grants, private foundations, local utility providers, in-kind supplies and volunteer labor, and the United Way.
Apply for assistance
To apply for assistance and request an appointment, please call 865-482-6028. You will be asked to fill out an application and provide documentation:
- Copy of photo ID
- Social Security card for each member of the household
- Proof of need (utility bill, lease, mortgage statement)
- Proof of all household income
Please note that not all services are available at all times.